The best way to get someone’s attention is to break a pattern. With that in mind, Media Experts has been turning industry heads for 38 years by Making a Bigger Impression. A data-driven Canadian media agency powered by the spirit of discovery, we build iconic brands within the Canadian market. Our unique approach revolves around designing effective, hard-working Mediasystems™ that drive brand engagement and deliver outstanding business results.
Xpeto, our in-house programmatic offering, is looking for their next Supervisor to join our Toronto office. We are a fast-paced, risk-taking, close-knit environment where ideas come from everywhere at every level. We believe that diversity of background, talent, skillset and mindset create a flourishing environment for new thinking and ideas. If you are driven by challenging work, passionate about media and technology and interested in helping to shape the future of our industry, we want to hear from you!
A bit about the role:
You will be responsible for taking our programmatic media programs to the next level for some of Canada’s top clients. Responsibilities include overseeing the team’s day-to-day technical and operational support with a key focus on ensuring innovation, thought leadership, and team development.
This pivotal role touches on all points of the digital planning process, platform execution, and customer service. We need someone who is agile, solution focused, and dedicated to supporting your immediate team as well as overall client direction.
Impress us with your:
- In partnership with agency teams, ensure that all client needs and requirements are met while providing the highest degree of client service.
- Lead client presentations, acting as the programmatic expert and make recommendations to drive positive business results.
- Proactively present innovative and strategic programmatic solutions to clients within their portfolio.
- Develop, evolve, and refine the client service process.
Technology Expertise & Product Knowledge:
- Become an expert in the use and best practices for multiple Demand Side Platforms, offering insights on how to improve campaign effectiveness through deep use of each platform’s functionality.
- Develop longer term solutions for clients including custom data management solutions, data solutions and work with clients and agencies to expand scope of services within client base to capture all possible opportunities arising from the audience platform approach.
- Be a programmatic evangelist for internal and external stakeholders.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert and further develop partnerships with DSP partners to ensure awareness of new features and address technical issues.
Team Leadership & Thought Leadership:
- Lead a team of programmatic experts and ensure processes are clear and adhered to (including but not limited to methodology for tracking campaign delivery/performance, billing requirements, campaign wrap reports, and recommendations).
- Combine media market and technical knowledge, data analysis, and client feedback to help sell, develop, configure, operate, and optimize complex campaigns to meet client objectives.
- Act as a first point of escalation for programmatic-related issues around and not limited to campaign performance. Ensure issues are dealt with tact and in a timely manner.
This position is for you if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of hands-on experience in digital media account management with a leading online advertising agency, network, advertising exchange, or optimization firm, preferably in a client service-focused role.
- Experience with Google Display and Video 360 (DV360), Google Ads and other DSP’s / media buying platforms.
- An understanding of ad networks, ad exchanges, DSPs, and/or auction marketplaces.
- An understanding of Data Management Platforms, including use cases and benefits
- A strong knowledge of ad targeting methodologies.
- Fundamental knowledge of online media metrics and analysis.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to draw conclusions based on data.
- An ability to investigate, analyze, and solve problems, and clearly communicate results.
- MS Office fluency, including Excel pivot tables & chart making. Experience with MS Access, VBA/Excel Macros, SQL, SAS or other data manipulation tools a strong plus.
- Experience in growing, managing, and inspiring internal teams; strong leadership and organizational skills.
- A handle on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with the ability to learn and apply new concepts and tools quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ideally comfortable in a consultative, client-facing environment.
- A strong customer service mentality.
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team.
- Robust relationship skills, including the ability to participate in meetings and complete deliverables in a timely manner.
- As required by client business priorities, this role will need to accommodate flexibility with their work schedule, as needed.
What’s in it for you?
- Beer and wine Fridays? Check.
- Access to the latest industry platforms and training programs? Check.
- A chance to drive business results for top-tier Canadian brands? Check.
- An epic yearly trip to summer camp in Algonquin Park? Check.
- An annual rocking holiday party in the foothills of Quebec? Check.
- An agency that truly believes in giving back to the community? Check.
- A beautiful office in Toronto’s downtown core? CHECK!
- And of course, compensation based on experience, parental leave, health insurance, RRSP saving options, summer hours, vacation + extra-long weekends + a week off during the holiday season.
If you think your profile fits the bill, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Be sure to include “Programmatic Supervisor – Toronto” in the subject line.
Media Experts is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in Media Experts, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.